It’s time for engagement photos in Grand Rapids, Michigan! So let’s talk about engagement photo locations in Grand Rapids that will make your photos stand out!
Grand Rapids, Michigan is such a great place for engagement photos – you have Lake Michigan only 30 minutes away, you have the city scape, and tons of other options for your engagement photos.
Here are my top 4 Engagement Photo Locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan:
1. Lake Michigan
If you want the beauty of Michigan to shine in your engagement photos, consider doing your photos by the lakeshore! You can choose to do your photos close to sunset, so you can encompass a beautiful Michigan sunset in your photos too! I love all of the beaches near Grand Rapids, Michigan, but here are a few beaches that I find are perfect for engagement photos:
2. Downtown Grand Rapids
Looking for more of a city scape? Try doing your engagement photos in the heart of Downtown Grand Rapids! I love being an engagement photographer in Grand Rapids, because there are SO many options for backdrops when you’re walking around downtown Grand Rapids. Here are a few of my favorite backdrops for engagement photos in downtown Grand Rapids:
- Shops and streets in Downtown Grand Rapids – there are so many cute streets in Grand Rapids, sometimes it takes just walking around for a bit to find a street that fits your vibe!
- Rosa Parks Circle – I love Rosa Parks Circle in Downtown Grand Rapids because it’s perfect for photos all year round! If you go in the winter for engagement photos, you can check out the ice rink and outdoor Christmas tree.
- Rooftop Parking Garage – to add a bit more privacy to your engagement photos, try checking out parking garages in Downtown Grand Rapids! Many of them have awesome views from the top, and you won’t have a crowd watching during your session.
- By the river – Downtown Grand Rapids has the Grand River running through it, and it’s a great place for engagement photos! There are many places to take photos along the river, including the Grand Rapids Public Museum, the Grand Rapids Ford Museum, the Riverwalk, the Blue Bridge in Downtown Grand Rapids, and more!
3. Open Fields
A super unique aspect of Grand Rapids, Michigan is that it’s so flat and open!! So one of my favorite places for engagement photos in Grand Rapids is the open fields that are seriously everywhere! Especially during the summer, Grand Rapids has tall wheat grass which is perfect for sunset engagement photos.
When I’m searching for these spots in Grand Rapids, I always look at local parks and nature preserves first! These places typically always have an open field for you to use.
4. Woodlands and Forest
I love a good forest engagement session, especially since Grand Rapids has tons of great places like these to offer!
If you want engagement photos in a forest in Grand Rapids, here are a few of my favorite parks and forests to grab some engagement photos!
- Huff Park, Grand Rapids Michigan
- Brewer Park, Byron Center Michigan
- Riverside Park, Grand Rapids Michigan
- Ken-O-Sha Park, Kentwood Michigan
Planning to propose? Check out my favorite proposal locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Need a Grand Rapids photographer for your engagement photos?
Fill out the form below to find out more about my engagement sessions!